The Texas Peanut Producers Board is seeking a remote communications intern to help lead all communications and marketing initiatives. Ideal applicant can create a strong personal drive with little oversight. This internship is the ideal opportunity to take what you are learning in class and put it into action. Interns have creative freedom on a variety of projects, a great opportunity to add marketable pieces to your portfolio. The selected candidate will report to the executive director.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a field related to the responsibilities of this role.
- Punctuality and the ability to manage multiple deadline projects.
- Ability to accept critiques and make necessary adjustments for project success.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct point of contact for all editorial and content creation for departmental communications to be circulated internally and externally.
- Prepare, edit and design newsletters and brochures; coordinate and/or build graphics for promotional materials, capture and distribute photographs when onsite.
- Create social media content focusing on industry outreach, audience targeting and engagement within appropriate platforms. Manage and edit WordPress website.
- Proactively stay up to date on industry news content, media, and partnership trends. Identify interesting storylines and opportunities to interview and report on third parties that add value to our partners.
- Participate and provide event and special project coordination including board meetings and farm tours.
Please send a letter of interest and any other documents a candidate sees relevant to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is July 15.