Peanut Butter Swirl
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag Kodiak Cakes Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
Peanut Butter Topping
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 9 inch pan.
2. Make the peanut butter swirl: in a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to combine.
3. Make the brownies: in a large bowl, stir the Kodiak Brownie Mix with a whisk. Add the eggs, melted butter, oil, and water and mix well to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Dollop the peanut butter mixture all over the brownie batter, then use a small knife to swirl the two gently together.
5. Bake the brownies until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly moist, 22-24 minutes. Cool completely.
6. Make the frosting: in a medium bowl, mix the butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to combine.
7. Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies. If using, sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the frosting.