● 2 cups cooked white rice
● 1 block of extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
● 1 tablespoon cornstarch
● 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
● 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 1 teaspoon salt
For the peanut sauce:
● 1/2 cup peanut butter (homemade or store-bought)
● 1/4 cup soy sauce
● 1/4 cup rice vinegar
● 1/4 cup water, plus more to thin
● 2 tablespoons agave or sweetener of choice
● 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
● 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
● 1 garlic clove, minced
● 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet. Coat cubes of tofu in olive oil and cornstarch then transfer to one side of the prepared baking sheet. Arrange broccoli florets and strips of bell pepper on the other side of the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
2. As the tofu and veggies bake, prepare the peanut sauce by whisking or blending everything together. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. To thin out the sauce, add water one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
3. To assemble bowls: Scoop desired amount of rice into bowls then layer tofu, broccoli, peppers, and shredded carrots on top. Drizzle with peanut sauce, top with chopped peanuts, and garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
Find full blog here: https://theurbenlife.com/2020/10/26/peanut-tofu-bowls/
Additional topping ideas: Shredded carrots, chopped peanuts, sliced green onion, sesame seeds.