<< Back to All Recipes
June 16, 2021
#TexasPeanuts Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped Texas Peanuts, preferably Runners
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup HEB creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soften butter. Do not melt.
- Combine flour, baking soda, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Fold into dry ingredients and add half your chopped nuts. Fold into dough and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, place cookies about two inches apart on a nonstick sheet pan. Bake for precisely 9 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool thoroughly before decorating.
- Melt remaining peanut butter in microwave. Using a fork or spoon, drizzle melted peanut butter on each cookie. You may have some leftover.
- Top cookies with remaining chopped nuts. Enjoy!